9.23.2011

ATL Trip - Hirsch Bedner Associates Tour

I know I have been MIA this week, but allow me to explain - on Tuesday I went on a fun trip to Atlanta with some of my friends. ASID at UGA organized a tour of some firms and showrooms so we could get a taste of the real world. Aside from being completely overwhelmed, I loved seeing how a big firm works. Our first stop was Hirsch Bedner Associates and, may I just say, holy cow. Their office is PHENOMENAL.

After exiting the white marble-paneled elevator, this is what we walked into. Gorgeous. That chandelier was custom made - if you stand underneath it and look up, it's the HBA logo!



This is their conference room where they gave us a presentation about their design process and showed us examples of their work. Can you believe that HUGE marble table??



Here is their resource area and their concept boxes that they present to clients. I love the innovation of the boxes! They said they're a lot easier to transport when traveling than a huge material board.



The fun & funky office kitchen!



We were able to see their studio as well. Not only was the view over Atlanta's cityscape beautiful, but the vibe of the office was great! Everyone seemed very laid-back and friendly.


I never really pictured myself at a large firm, but after this tour I really could see myself somewhere like HBA! Their design aesthetic was completely similar to mine and I'd love to have the opportunity to travel and see all the amazing projects that they've done. So I'll leave you with some inspirational HBA design candy:


Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara





Waldorf Astoria Shanghai 





No comments:

Post a Comment